Samples From Mars has released 808 From Mars, a free collection of 808 samples.
Here’s what they have to say about the free 808 sample library:
“We’re offering two new 16x hit 808 kits – recorded through our API console to tape, with a variety of high end hardware processing along the way.
These are our best sounding 808s yet. The kits feature clean, colored, and super saturated 808 hits.”
- (2) 16x Hit Drum Kits featuring new 808 samples
- Recorded through a API 1608 console, mastering reel to reel, and a host of tube and solid state EQs, compressors and saturators
- Features clean, color and heavily-saturated 808 hits
- Pre-Formatted ‘for instant jamming’
- 26 MB Unzipped
Note: A valid email address is required....
Organizer Mike Learmouth let us know that registration is now open for the 2019 Synthplex synth expo, scheduled for March 28 – 31, 2019, in Burbank, California.
Synthplex is a new event, founded by Michael Learmouth and Michael Boddicker.
“We envision Synthplex as the place where like-minded people will come together each year for the love of all things synthesizer,” notes Learmouth. “California has all sorts of music events, but nothing quite like Synthplex, so it seemed right to have this annual event right here in the heart of the music business world.”
Speakers for the 2019 event include Dave Smith, Craig Anderton, sound designer Russell Brower, Boddicker, composer Guy Moon and synth guru Marc Doty.
Single day and full event passes are available now, with early-bird pricing. Pricing will go up once the event headliners are announced....
August 8th (8/08) is a special day for electronic musicians, because of its association with Roland’s classic TR-808 drum machine.
It’s also, though, the anniversary of the Electronic Music Studios Home Page, last officially updated 8th August 1998. And, like the 808, the EMS Home Page is an icon of old-school design, sporting minimal HTML, functional design and a retro-futuristic logo.
- Bill Clinton was President of the US;
- Gas was $1.15/gallon;
- Titanic became the highest-grossing movie of all time (at that time);
- Jesse “I Don’t Have Time To Bleed” Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota;
- Chumbawumba‘s Tubthumping had re-entered the charts; and
- People were upgrading their computers to Windows 98.
Somehow, the EMS Home Page has carried on, an immovable object that has resisted the irresistible force of time for 20 years.
Note: While the page was last officially updated in 1998, a gmail address was added somewhere along the line.