One Song In, Three Stems Out: Xtrax Stems is now on Windows!
Moved Permanently. Redirecting to https://www.emusician.com/artists/xtrax-stems-is-now-windows-compatible...
In the Studio: The Ophelias with Producer Yoni Wolf
Moved Permanently. Redirecting to https://www.emusician.com/artists/in-the-studio-the-ophelias-yoni-wolf
Igor Vasiliev updates FieldScaper to v2.0 - Field recorder Scapes constructor for iOS
FieldScaper is an advanced field recorder combined with a sound warp engine and a collection of ready to use dynamic presets for iPad and iPhone. It is designed to help a user discover new ways to create and construct unusual and exciting sounds from any environmental audio recordings or samples recorded from other apps through Inter-App audio or Audiobus.
A user can record and modify samples within the single app. They can record sounds and noises, delete unwanted parts and then use presets to give a whole new sounding or create spectacular soundscapes and textures to use them as loops in this app. And even use FieldScaper as effect in real time with other apps or external input.
With this update the user can add rhythmic effects and distortions with using built-in step sequencer. The sequencer and LFOs can be synced with other apps and devices thru MIDI, Inter-App Audio or with Ableton Link. New parametric equalizer can isolate or suppress oscillators output in a certain frequency range so that they not interfere each other. Also you can pack scene and all its presets and samples to single file. This new feature is very useful for copying scene to another device or backup.
- Added new presets.
- Ableton Link start / stop sync.
- Step sequencer for each oscillator.
- Parametric equalizer for each oscillator.
- Signal amplification before filters and EQ.
- Automatic gain control of output for each oscillator.
- Synced Sequencer / LFOs with Ableton Link, IAA, MIDI.
- Pack scene and all its samples / presets to single file.
- Ableton Link SDK 3.0.2 updated.
- Audiobus SDK 3.0.5 updated.
- Built-in description updated.
- Several minor bugs were fixed.
TBProAudio releases SLM2 - Smart Stereo Loudness Maximizer Plug-in for Win and Mac
TBProAudio has released SLM2, a smart stereo loudness maximizer including "analog spice" and oversampling. The goal of the design was to maximize the loudness of the audio signal while maintaining transparency.
- Highly efficient loud-max peak limiter.
- Saturation of input signal.
- Fully control of attack and release.
- Switch-able lookahead.
- Additional drive/clip stage.
- Stereo link.
- "real" oversampling, up to 16x.
- Easy to use GUI.
- Large and accurate live meters.
- All sample rates.
SLM2 is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST2, VST3, AU, RTAS and AAX plug-in formats. A demo version is available.
12-Bit Crunch 'Jazz Machine' for NI Kontakt updated to v1.1
- Chord names. Displayed in real-time.
- Export the chords as MIDI by drag/drop direct into your DAW.
- A new effect- 'Warble'.
- A settings page with volume offset for vinyl crackle and warble intensity.
- Coloured octaves for those using Native Instruments S-series keyboards.
Here's a walkthrough which discusses the new features in detail: YouTube.com/watch?v=895Q3-7Zmto
If you're unfamiliar with Jazz Machine, it's inspired by the highly sample-able sound of Blue Note Records and artists like Grant Green, Herbie Hancock and Donald Byrd. It contains 84 jazz chords (seven types in all twelve keys), each individually played on four different vintage instruments:
- A Challen upright piano
- A 1960s Epiphone Casino electric guitar
- A rare Rhodes Home electric piano (basically a '73 mkI).
- A Deagan vibraphone
It sits somewhere between a sample-player and a chord-generator. When you hit an individual key, you hear a different type of jazz chord, played by a real human-being, on a real instrument, recorded to 44.1kHz/16-bit .WAV files (then compressed into an easily downloadable Kontakt patch). Just like when you sample a vinyl and map it to a pad or key.
As you're bashing away on Jazz Machine, creating instantaneous musical chord progressions, you can switch between the four instruments on-the-fly, without interrupting your flow.
Depending on how hard you hit a key, and whether the modulation-wheel is up or down, you access one of the 4 different articulations:
- A straight chord.
- The same chord with it's attack chop'ped off.
- A raked chord.
- A top melody-note
Check out the original trailer here: YouTube.com/watch?v=VRWxMw_mxUw...
Wusik announces Wusik P2000 and Wusik EVE V5
New in Wusik EVE V5:
- New modern code using the same engine as Wusik Station and Wusik 8008.
- Native 64-bit support (plus 32-bit version for older machines).
- Support for more audio sound formats.
- New file browser, just like on the other products.
- More filter types.
- More effects.
- Microtuning support.
- Other extra features yet to be defined.
Wusik P2000 runs as a stand-alone application or VST/AU plugin and allows you to do several MIDI tasks such as Key Switching and Crossfading between plugins and many other features.
This project is based on Wusik SQ200 code, making it easier to use the Track's MIDI Processors for those who don't want to bother about the sequencer.
The idea is simple, to have a Plugin in VST/AU format, Windows/OSX, 32/64-bits, that allows you to host other plugins in the same formats (even mixing formats - plus, there will be a Stand-Alone/App/Executable version just like Wusik SQ200). This way you can chain multiple plugins and have each plugin process all input notes (MIDI Information) using the following MIDI Processors (the ones that are already there in Wusik SQ200):
- Key and Velocity Zone Split - so you can assign different sections of your MIDI Keyboard for each instrument.
- Key Switching - allows you to switch from one instrument to another one using a set of keys you define. It can also work in Hold mode, so it will switch to that instrument as long as you keep holding the note.
- Round Robin - you set multiple instruments and each note will go to a different one, in a circular way.
- Transpose - pitch up or down all input notes, single notes or whole octaves.
- Sticky Keys - will hold keys and works in two ways: holds all keys until you press a defined key; holds keys until you press those again to release.
- Chords & Strum - record chords to be played with single keys. Optional strumming velocity and progression. Plus, looping of chords when using the strum option.
- Crossfader - allows you to crossfade from one track to another, with support to up to 99 tracks sequentially.
- Note Delay - adds a delay to all notes, with the option to transpose the delayed note and echo the original note. Plus, feedback on the delay, creating sequential delays.
- New Wavesequencer - allows you to create complex sequences using multiple instruments. This is still under constructions for Wusik SQ200, and will also be available for Wusik P2000.
- New ARP - based on the Wusik Station V9 ARP.
The process of using Wusik P2000 will be easier compared to Wusik SQ200, but you will still need to scan your plugins before using it. Once you have done that, you just add a plugin and select which MIDI Processors you want to use. All that is saved by your Host of choice....