Audeonic has introduced StreamByter for iOS – a plugin for creating custom MIDI effects.
StreamByter can be used as an Apple Audio Unit (AU) effect or as a standalone app, connected via CoreMIDI virtual ports.
StreamByter is designed to let you:
- Extend the MIDI processing functionality of any AU host.
- Remap channels, notes, controllers (anything MIDI)
- Filter MIDI events coarsely or finely
- Clone or Delay any event
- Send any event automatically when plugin is loaded
- Create complex effects using programming concepts like conditionals, loops, variables (including array, timing and random), and math operators.
An iOS device (minimum iOS 11) and a suitable AU host app such as AUM, apeMatrix, Cubasis or Sequencism is required to use the AU variant. To use with CoreMIDI, a routing app like MidiFire is recommended and an iOS device with at least iOS 8 is required.
Pricing and Availability
StreamByter is available now for US $6.99.